- Our paper 'Zigzagging through acyclic orientations of graphs and hypergraphs' was accepted for SODA 2023.
- Best paper award at MFCS 2022 for our paper 'The Hamilton compression of highly symmetric graphs'.
- Our paper 'On the central levels problem' was accepted in the Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B.
- Our paper 'Star transposition Gray codes for multiset permutations' was accepted in the Journal of Graph Theory.
- I will be speaking at:
- The survey is out: Combinatorial Gray codes-an updated survey.
- The Combinatorial Object Server is alive again.
About meI am currently assistant professor at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Warwick (office: CS2.24, phone: +442476522368, consultation hours: Thu+Fri 4:30pm-5:30pm or upon appointment). I am also affiliated with the Department of Theoretical Computer Science and Mathematical Logic at Charles University Prague. Previously, I was a postdoc in the research group 'Combinatorial optimization and graph algorithms' of Martin Skutella at TU Berlin. In 2015, I spent 4 months at Georgia Tech in Atlanta in the research group of Tom Trotter, supported by a fellowship of the Swiss National Science foundation, and before that 6 months at ETH Zurich in the 'Theory of combinatorial algorithms group' of Emo Welzl. Between 2012 and 2014 I worked as a software engineer at Supercomputing Systems Zurich. In 2011 I completed my PhD at ETH Zurich in the research group 'Combinatorial structures and algorithms' of Angelika Steger.
Research interestsMy research interests are in discrete mathematics and theoretical computer science, and in their applications to real-world problems. Specifically, I am interested in the following subjects:
- Combinatorial algorithms and discrete structures
- Graph theory
- Discrete and computational geometry
- Order theory
- Ramsey theory
- Random graph processes
- Combinatorial games
Students and grants
- Namrata, University of Warwick, since Oct 2020 (funded by a Chancellor's International Scholarship)
- Arturo Merino, TU Berlin, since Sep 2019 (funded by DFG grant 413902284)
- Frieder Smolny, TU Berlin, since Feb 2016 (funded by DFG excellence cluster Math+; with Max Klimm, Guillaume Sagnol and Martin Skutella)
- Karl Däubel, TU Berlin, Feb 2016-Mar 2020 (funded by the European Regional Development Fund of the EU; with Yann Disser, Max Klimm, Guillaume Sagnol and Martin Skutella)
- Jerri Nummenpalo, ETH Zurich, Dec 2018 (co-examiner; supervised by Emo Welzl)
- GACR standard grant GA 22-15272S (with Petr Gregor)
- GACR standard grant GA 19-08554S
CoauthorsI already had the pleasure of working with the following researchers and students:
Oswin Aichholzer, Gustavo Alonso, Michael Belfrage, Aaron Bernstein, Jean Cardinal (3), Herman Z. Q. Chen, Yann Disser, Karl Däubel (2), Elizabeth Hartung, Hung P. Hoang (3), Tony Huynh, Stefan Felsner, Martina Furrer, Petr Gregor (6), Dan Hefetz, Sven Jäger (2), Sergey Kitaev, Linda Kleist, Max Klimm, Kolja Knauer, Fabian Kuhn, Arturo Merino (8), Ondřej Mička (3), Marcel Milich, Namrata, Jerri Nummenpalo (6), Martin Pergel, Ueli Peter, Thomas Rast, Justus Schwartz, Leon Sering, Reto Spöhel (6), Joe Sawada, Manfred Scheucher (2), Frieder Smolny, Christoph Standke, Raphael Steiner, Patrick Stuedi, Pascal Su, Brian Y. Sun, Henning Thomas, Birgit Vogtenhuber, Bartosz Walczak (2), Franziska Weber, Veit Wiechert (2), Kaja Wille, Aaron Williams (2)